“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A Few Basic Administrative Skills,
I Have A Fun And Fulfilling Admin Job Just For You!”
Dear Prospective Administrative Assistant,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It is my hope you have precisely what I need in an employee so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding job I have available.
So, let me tell you about the company, the job and myself. My name is Ali Al Ramahi and I run a company called OHSP in London, South Kensington. My business is dedicated to helping others achieve their optimum health and fitness goals through customised nutrition and fitness programs.
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to help manage the day-to-day tasks of the business.
Tasks I Need You To Perform
- Answering and returning phone calls from customers and prospects. You may not get a huge number of phone calls, but the ones that come in are important. When you’re not here to answer the phone, many of the calls will go to voicemail. You’ll be responsible for returning those calls the next day.
- Responding to customer service phone calls and emails. You will need to respond to these with basic information I’ll provide you. You need to be comfortable talking on the phone, using email and being a good typist.
- Filing. Basic stuff to keep up with the paper flow.
- Website management. Ideally, you’ll have some technology skills and can do some basic updates to my website (if not, I’ll teach you how). You do NOT need to know HTML, but if you do, that’s a plus. Also, if you’re familiar with WordPress and are generally comfortable with Internet technology, that’s definitely a plus.
- Booking Clients Online/Payments. You will be required to book clients onto the MindBody system and make sure payments are up to date.
These are the skills you must already have to qualify for this position:
- Microsoft Word. You must be very comfortable using Word.
- Microsoft Publisher. We publish a monthly newsletter in publisher, and you’ll need to be able to make edits/changes to the file when necessary and get it ready for print.
- Microsoft Excel: You must have basic Excel skills. We don’t do anything advanced with this software, just some simple spreadsheets, but you must be comfortable doing what I need you to do.
- Good phone personality/etiquette: You will be talking with my customers, who are VERY important to me, and prospective customers, who are also important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through email. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. I’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- Email: A great deal of your work will be via email. I use a web-based program that’s easy to learn (you’ll understand it within 30 minutes). You need to be very comfortable and proficient with email.
- Thoughtfulness and organisation: I need you to be able to think for yourself and be organised. This is very important. I want someone who learns and grows with me.
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire as soon as possible. If this job sounds good to you, follow these instructions now.
Here’s what I want from you. NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions will result in your CV going in the circular file.
- Write me a letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email) on this cover letter.
- Provide a CV
- On a separate sheet of paper list at least two references with phone numbers and what your relationship is with each referee (i.e. previous employer, college professor, etc.).
- Staple the documents together in the order above with the cover letter on top.
Ali Al Ramahi, OHSP, Ethos, 7 Princes Gardens
I will review your resume. If I feel you’re a good prospect, I’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview.
The sooner I get your resume, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. I believe in taking action quickly so get your resume over to me pronto! I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Ali Al Ramahi
PS This is not a corporate type of structured job. I am an entrepreneurial small business owner. I move quickly to capitalise on opportunities. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the growth of the business. If that’s you, I promise that £10/hour is only the starting point. I recognise and reward performance.
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So send me your CV today!